- Birla Balika Vidyamandir was founded in 1953 by Shrimati
Gopi Birla to meet the long felt need of a Girl's School
which would equip them for a fast changing society with firm
rooting in Indian Values and Culture. Her guiding spirit was
instrumental in making it one of the leading institutions in
- We have obtained cent percent results at the Board level since 1973.
- The awards received for the highest scores at the national
level were :-
Gold Medals in History (twice) and Economics at the Senior School level
Gold Medal in English at the Secondary level
The students also attained the First, Second, Third position in the All India Secondary Board Exam
- We were the first school in Mumbai to receive the Intel Award of Rs. 3 lakhs and a lot of educational software for the best use of Technology in Education from the Pre Primary to the Secondary level. Mrs. Lal received an award for one of the best PPP at National Level.
- We received the ISO 9001: 2000 accreditation in 2000.
- We were one of the very few schools to receive the International School Award Accreditations from British Council in October 2006 and again 2010 for outstanding development of the International dimension in education. Teacher exchange and curriculum based programmes are part of our Global School Partnership Programme.
- Accolades have also been won at the Inter School,
District, State and National levels in Project exhibitions
(CBSE & others), Quizzes, Debates, Art, Sports and Cultural
- In the assessments conducted by New South Wales, Australia, Gold medals were won at the National Level in Maths and Computers.
- In the Asset Assessments conducted by Educational Initiatives, a Gold medal and Book was won at the National level (2011 – 12) for the overall topper’s position Grade 9.
- Important measures of our achievements are the success stories of our alumni in all walks of life. They have created a niche for themselves in India and abroad. But we rest not on the laurels won. There are new benchmarks to be set and new heights to be scaled. It goes on…... ……….a wondrous journey.
In 1970 it was affiliated to CBSE Board and was renamed as Birla Public School.
In 1977 Permanent affiliation was granted upto grade 10. Provisional affiliation for the Senior Section continued till 1991.
In 1995 it was renamed as Gopi Birla Memorial School.
In 2012 affiliation was granted up to +2 level.
At present the school is part of the 'Yash Birla Group.'It is a Co-educational institution from Pre-primary to Grade Twelve.
It is benchmarked as a premier institution which epitomizes vibrancy and a quest for excellence in all aspects of education.
Academic performance is one of the parameters which throws light on a school's achievements.
We have done exceedingly well in this field.